Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving in Russia

It is Thanksgiving Day.

November 27, 2008. Moscow, Russia.


Because there is no thanksgiving in Russia...hmmm...is that true?

this is the first picture that came up when I googled "thanksgiving in russia"...
hmmm.

Anyway...
let's examine that statement....

There is no thanksgiving in Russia...

...well at least there is no thanksgiving with a capital T, but I suppose on occasion a person or two has been known to give thanks while in Russia.

I am going to give a little thanks right now.

It is 11:50 am in Moscow. Right now I am going to write for 7 minutes straight. I'm going to make a list of ANYONE, ANYTHING and Everyone and Everything that comes to my mind when I think of things to be thankful for...

ready ....

set...

go!

Dad
Mom
Martha
Andy
Sarah
Cathy
Bobby
Tim
Pete
Blake
Brad
Trent
Heather
Matt
Coley-bug
Maragrete
Stella Bella
Travis
Cassandra
Matt ChappINa
Hank
Belle
Joanna
Alley Baiby
ECC
Jen
Norah
Lulu
Olivia
Maddie
Sarah Louise
Jesus
Mary Chapin Carpenter
Tatiyana
Masha
Andrei
Sasha
Ulia
Ulia Vtoraya
My apple
Blog(s)
Music
Paul
Frank
Adi
Heather Riggy Riggs
Syd
Kelly Jo
Amy Laurel
Amy Holt
KT
K.Fro
Grandpa ED
Erin K. Browne
Joanne Joanne Hudson
Nadia
Rebecca
Angela Boyle King
Tracy Callahan
Meg
Erin T.
Kathy
Al
Linda
Deb
Martha Dalluge
Juha-Mikko
Kimmo
Mikko
Howard
Juka
Stephan
Books
Music Sweet Sweet Fantasy Music
NPR
BBC
Barack Obama
Anne of Green Gables
iTunes
Larry Dooley
Cartherine Zublin
Ria Cooper
Jamie
KILA T'QUILA PACKETT
Anna Marshall
Molly Beth
Rachel Chavkin
Libby King
Jess Alamasy
Frank Boyd
Ryan Tresser
Tarter
Ashima
Jake Margloin
Jacqui Kaiser
Ruthie
Camille
Mikhael T Garver
Kristen Sieh
Sweety Jilly Jill Frutkin
the world
the world
the world is so beautiful
Matt Preece
Naomi Wolf
Stuart and Vicki
My cockatiels
clothing
Orange juice
green leafy vegetables
Whitney Houston
Jana
Laurie Bitters
Neal Barth
Mr. E
the scera
President Chappel
Bishop Horton
AMERICA
Domhnall
the Constitution of the United States of America
Russia
LOVE LOVE LOVE
Lake Michigan
the Great Lakes
the cottage
Old mission
xanx
water---
------

11:57am

I ran out of time....
That was fun and a little disturbing...
Hmmmm....

You should try it.

Start the timer and go for 7 minutes without stopping...

You don't have to post it. You have to be kinda crazy or insensitive to publicly post a list like this...(if I missed you--you should let me know...and if I did miss you its only because I was in free fall and just writing what came up! I love and miss you and am thankful for you whether you are on here or not!)

I wish I was at a thanksgiving dinner with any and or all of you right now!!!!
...and even though I am not, I am thankful for you just the same
(whether you got on my crazy list or not)


Happy Thanksgiving from Moscow!


I took this picture coming home from work the other night
snowstorm on the Ring Road

15 comments:

Wanderer said...

I know your day is almost over now...but, Happy Thanksgiving!!

Your list was fun! I might just take your advice and try it for myself...but lately who knows what will come up!!! :)

Unknown said...

YOU rate pretty high on my Thankgiving list too! You are a great guy - very loving and caring. You are greatly missed in New York!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Jo said...

You have cockatiels? Oh your love of Orange Juice, remember the poem I wrote you and left the OJ on your car? My other favorites that made your list were Anne of Green Gables and Mary Chapin Carpenter. I mean, the life lessons we've all learned from Anne. . .
Much love you Nathan on this Thanksgiving day. Oh how grateful I am for your spirit and your friendship. I always feel better after being around you or hearing from you.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Kelly
ps-how's your sleep going?

Mrs. Misses said...

I love how Jesus made you think of Mary Chapin Carpenter. Or maybe it didn't go like that but it's funnier if it did. I love you so much and I know how difficult it is to be away from ones you love during holidays. I'm just so glad you have the sweet, sweet Fantasy with you and the dancing girls in the picture to help ease the lonliness.

We had one empty chair at our table today and I would like to say that it could have been for you. It WAS for you in spirit. I'm thankful for you and your safety, I'm thankful for your great spirit and attitude and I'm thankful I made the list. Happy T!

martha corinna said...

We did miss you! It was a little chaotic, but really, when isn't it?
We ran a 4 mile race over at the Rec Center, you were truly missed (everyone ran except you and Cathy, mom and Sarah L. walked), I totally won. I will post some pictures today.
I made the meanest green bean casserole. You would have totally appreciated it.
I am thankful for you Nate, love you!

just jen said...

yeah for the rockettes in russia...that's who that was, right?

what a great list, and how blessed are you to have so many loved ones?

i will have to do it too.

and know that you can come to thanksgiving at my house whenever you want, you are ALWAYS welcome.

King Family said...

i love your list. neal barth :) thank you for thinking of me...it is funny because seth and i had a long talk about you as we deep fried our turkey...."i know what everything's for...hahahaha..or...hahaha..or!"
angie boyle king is thankful for nathan t. wright.

Laurel Leaves said...

Nate I uber love you. I have been waiting to be sober (from pain pills) before reading this one. I have like my 6 hour chip.

Also did I mention that I uber love you? It's nice to be on the list. It's amazing that you love so much. You inspire me on a daily basis.

XoXo from the US

Erin said...

Aww, bless you, dear friend. I hope you had a lovely t-day. I'm thankful for you, Nathan T.

Miss and love you mucho!

Hobie said...

I am thankful that your stream of consciousness thanks takes you from "Jesus" to "Mary Chapin-Carpenter" and from "Barack Obama" to "Anne of Green Gables." I LOVE you, Nathan T. L.O.V.E.

cathy said...

Harry late Thanksgiving-your lucky you weren't here at our Thanksgiving or you would most likely have the stomach flu right now-it's so fun! I should make a list also. I think it's good to write it all down and think about it. I love you and you forgot to put Sophie and Tucker on your list-how could you forget?!!!!

Herrick said...

Jesus to Mary Chapin Carpenter was my favorite too. Aint it the truth. Come on Come on.
We REALLY missed you on Thanksgiving. We were in NJ, wishing you were at the table.
Mahal kita!!!

Heather Anna said...

You were one of my top five. :-)

Meg McLynn said...

Thank you for bringing Thanksgiving to Russia. I am ever so thankful for you.