Thursday, November 13, 2008

moon over moscow


moon rising in moscow



This is the view looking west right now...



...its 4:45 pm here in Moscow...

...just thought I would share...



...pretty, huh?

...in that Moscow kind of way...


Thanks to all of you have read and commented/shared your thoughts on BIRTHRIGHT...

some of you have confirmed something I had been concerned about--
the language can get a little too colorful and drippy--circuitous and heady--
so I am reading Hemingway for a lesson in sparseness...and editing...

You've also said good things

and I am thinking a lot about your ideas

THANKS

keep reading

8 comments:

just jen said...

what a beautiful moon...why are you up so late?

or early?

i would be in bed.

i have read half of birthright...i didn't want to say anything until i was done, but so far i like it. very descriptive. and interesting, makes me want to read more.

Erin said...

I miss Moscow.

Laurel Leaves said...

Beautiful!

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

That is pretty Nate, I can feel the cold musty air right now, at least that is what it looks like.

Karen Liu said...

Nate,
Beautiful shots of Moscow. Doesn't seem real. Regarding Birthright: really interesting. Can't wait to read more. Possible typo "They had slept together—quiet literally slept together." Did you mean "quite"?

I've always loved Hemingway. He is a master at being economical with language.

It's almost 1 a.m. here and there are so many questions burning through my mind. Can I email you? Or is that too personal? I think you are amazingly talented and just brilliant. But I thought that even as a teenager.
mcgeefamily@gmail.com

martha corinna said...

Wish I could see Moscow, although I have to say the moon was beautiful over Timp last night too.
call me when you can.

Carolyn Jess-Cooke said...

Hi Nathan

Thanks so much for your message, this is the second note I've written on your blog but my internet's been playing up...:) Just wanted to say I love your novel, am excited to read more! You're BRAVE, putting it out there from the get-go... I'm rewriting my novel (which is about a young English widow whose Irish mother - born and raised in Donegal, woo hoo!) and am cringing with each re-read of my first draft... Good luck with it!
CJC
x
PS. Feel free to post my Job Spec thingy :)

Carolyn Jess-Cooke said...

um - I meant that my novel is about a young English widow whose Irish mother in law comes to stay and causes a rucus. Got excited by the Donegal bit. Ahem.