Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tallinn, Estonia... in 4 hours

I took the Nordic Jet Ferry yesterday (October 31) to Tallinn, Estonia...it was a beautiful day in a beautiful city...






I really zooomed through Tallin.

I only had about 4 and half hours, but the old city, which is up above the harbour and sea on a hill, is very compact and really--I'm actually going to use the word delightful and be sincere about it now--it is very compact and really delightful to wander or race through and just try and capture on film and absorb some of the old, old architecture and unique history of the city...
Light has really been an inspiring component of the world for me lately--I'm always trying to capture it and how it changes ordinary objects and places...

Tallin, is old, so old that, and I may be off by a century or two, but it was first mentioned by an Arab cartographer as an important shipping century in the 9th century.... pretty cool, eh?



Visit Tallinn if you get the chance...its about an hour and 45 minute ferry ride from Helsinki...well worth the 50 Euros one would spend... I really was taken with it and sad I had to experience in such a rushed way...



2 comments:

martha corinna said...

So many cool beautiful pictures, and because I am a good sister I will comment on all of them. I can not promise clever comments, only loving ones.

Effing Foreigner said...

OMG! a residential apartment complex with colored squares looks SO MUCH like a residential house a block away from me in Hollywood! psych! :)