Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Stockholm....and Uppsala, Sweden...and the Ferry to Stockholm

So I took the ferry and stayed a night in Stockholm...much bigger and cosmo and Euro-trashy (in a good way, of course) than Helsinki
These first two pictures, however, are from the city of Uppsala about an hour north of Stockholm...this is the city where the adaptation of the Ingmar Bergman novel I did with Nadia last year took palce, so I had to see it! I got there just as the sun was setting and it afforded me several interesting pictures of the big elegant Luthern Church in the center of the city....hmmmm, a Luthern Church in the center of a Scandinavian town...that's unique.... right?



The others are from the morning I arrived in Stockholm, fresh off the boat....the sun was literally filling every corner of the incredible blue sky and since the late fall/ winter sun in Scandinavia is so low it creates amazing shadows and opportunities...so I did my best...

I really liked Stockholm, but since I was there only a day and a half, found it a little lonely and also a city with a much faster pace and penchant for the hip than Helsinki. It is certainly bigger and deservedly calls itself "the Capital of Scandinavia..."



These last few are from the Ferry as we grew closer to Stockholm the next morning... what a beautiful place--and once again--the sun and its power fascinated me!





2 comments:

martha corinna said...

Love the shadow pic.

Caitilin said...

Hey Nate! You lucky man, you! Stockholm is my favorite european city! My husbands family is from Sweden, his grandparents/aunts/uncles are still living in Stockholm; what a magical place-- can't wait to go back in the spring!

caiti