Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Thought You Might Like to Spend a Few Minutes of My Last Day in Helsinki with Me...

...So, I took you with me on some of my errands for the day. You remember, of course, that it was a beautiful, bright October Finnish day--but I was so busy getting ready for the trip back to Moscow that we didn't get to go to any particularly interesting and beautiful places like the harbor or the city center or to some of the Helsinki's amazing parks, but at least I got to show you the neighborhood where I stayed and we got to hang out for a few minutes...
Here's the video we took:


Here are a few photos of the places we wanted to go, but didn't have the time to see:

A sunlit cobble street in the center...



The stately Cathedral of Helsinki taken from Tähtitorninmäki, a lovely park above the harbor



Sailboats moored at the city Harbor



The vibrant fall sun over the Baltic


A lonely soul looking out at the windy sea...


That naked guy I'm always telling you about...

4 comments:

just jen said...

"i love you, helsinki."

"i don't want to leave you, helsinki."


i loved it...it was like i was talking to you...which hasn't happened in like 3 years.

thank goodness for blogs!

King Family said...

so beautiful...makes me want to pack up the fam and travel the world....

Mrs. Misses said...

Me and my ulcer are tired so I promise I will comment more later.

Mrs. Misses said...

I miss you and your ass-face. It's so satisfying to hear your voice. I'd rather have the real thing, though.

Looks like a fun place to be. I envy your adventures but feel like I'm there with you through the magic of video blogging. *snicker

Who naked guy? What? That's a little freaky.