Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Academics

As some of you know, for the past three years I have lived a bit of a double life.
Back in the winter and spring of 2006 I became Bernard, the nerdy-maybe gay-English professor and keyboardist for the Academics, once or twice a week...
Along with fellow professors Oliver and Jules on the guitars, we rocked our fans in NYC and made them laugh with our sincere attempts at creating intellectual and witty music...

After a bit of hiatus, the Academics got together, perhaps for the last time, last month at a loft in Brooklyn to play for some of our most devoted fans!




HAPPY NEW YEAR to all! And look for a smashing photo essay of all of the holiday fun we've had this season in a few days!

5 comments:

Mrs. Misses said...

Its too bad that "some of you" does not include ME! I want to see the show! I hope you filmed some of it and will be putting it up here for all to enjoy. I'm glad you finally decided to come back to the world of the blogging. I freakin miss you like crazy!!
Tell Travis hello (and if you had boobs I would have you do a shimmy in his face and say it was from me, somewhat as an homage to Mimi's grand New Year's performance). Love you guys!

martha corinna said...

I had no idea!
What else do I not know about my own brother?

Heather Anna said...

BTW, am I not a devoted fan or is it just my two kids that got me "not invited" to your farewell performance?

Fordney said...

I like Heather's comment. Oh Nathan what is this maybe-gay stuff? This makes me miss you over the holidays. I wish you had been here to argue with Bobby and enjoy all the fun. I love you!

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

Hey Nate, I'm now a blogger so I hope to keep in touch with you this way. I absolutely loved your christmas card this year. I was touched that you thought to send one to me. I hope you had some wonderful holidays but it looks like I can be rest assured that you did. Say hi to travis for me. I now live really close to his parents.