Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Providence and Cape Cod with Molly Rice







So I decided to take the Peter Pan Bonanza Bus from Port Authority to Kennedy Plaza in Providence to visit my dear friend Molly Rice. Molly is a wonderful playwright and friend who I met while in Aspen for the Theatre Masters gig where both our plays were being workshopped. Molly often comes to the city because, unlike some of us, she is a "working" playwright. When she comes she stays up in the Inwood with Travis and I. This time she suggested I come to Providence where she lives and works at Brown, the University of Rhode Island and Trinity Rep....I have been to Providence twice before, both quick trips, and since I am presently, but only temporarily, unemployed, I was happy to come to this small little corner of New England and to spend time with Molly.

Yesterday we walked around her neighborhood, Federal Hill, an Italian area with lots of sausages, pasta and canoli, and middle-aged men in bright red Puma warm-up suits. Molly got a great suit and skirt-not a Puma one and I ate canoli.

Then we decided to go to the beach...we got ready and drove but it clouded over and since neither one of us had really been to Cape Cod-we said hey-and went. We went to a beautiful beach and lighthouse and then ate Scallops, Shrimp, Oysters and...cod baked in a dish at a place with a smoking barrell in front of it.

Then we put gas in the car and stopped at Dunkin' Donuts-I had a plain, a blueberry cake and a Boston Cream. I don't know whats wrong with me!!!

2 comments:

martha corinna said...

I know what's wrong with you! Not really I still haven't figured it out, or what's wrong with me for that matter.
I love you.

King Family said...

Jealous. How much fun.