Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sweet Sweet Fantasy Poetry Saturday

Another poem....

But, first I wanna take a quick moment and tell everyone thanks again for reading and sharing your responses. It really really means a great deal to me.

I want to say a particular thank you to those of you who I don't know personally (about whom I've recently become aware) but still read and comment.

THANK YOU!

So the poem for this week--its a little racy (to shatter the clean chaste image I know you've all held of me for so long)

Share your thoughts please and have a wonderful day!

Native tongue

A lot like the vowels in Finnish or Hebrew
None of them are mine
Not mine at all
But I try desperately
To form them
To remember one of you
To call the other to me
To find a little sound of one
On the lips of the other
To feel the touch of you
Escaping in the breath of the other
As if the meaning of a man
Is summoned by the way
His native tongue feels
Against my teeth…

© 2006, 2008

14 comments:

Laurel Leaves said...

I love Sweet Sweet Poetry Days!

Racy? I guess I am not your average reader, lol. I LOVED it!

And here is why: I love the play of words with words! Your set up telling us it is racy had me smiling before I started reading it.

Nice foreplay. More poems please!

Mmm his tongue against my teeth, yummy.

XoXo
Amy Laurel

alpineone said...

Nathan,

Thanks for the shout out and the big golden Thank You, man. You're golden, so always stay that way, alright?

And I like your earthy soulfulness so keep radiating light in the earthy, soulful way that you do it. It's part of your charm. Your poem is great.

I hope our paths can cross someday but for now I'm happy to know you're out there and happy to have a window to your world--and your general coolness--through this blog.

I mean it: stay golden. And thank YOU.

just jen said...

sexy, sexy...

i'm not really into tongues too much myself...

martha corinna said...

What the..!?
Just kidding, I was expecting worse.

I really do enjoy your poetry, my racy brother. By the way, I want to write a Christmas post that has a bit to do with you. I have a few questions though, since I'm not sure if I remember the past correctly. Anyway, I was looking to chat with you on facebook in the next few days so just check for me to be on if you have time so we can 'talk'.

Laurel Leaves said...

OK I just had to add this. Right after I read your poem I was feeling all romantic and called my husband and read it to him.

"I don't get it." Was my highly educated mans response.

After laughing I told him the bottom line was it made me want to kiss him. He seemed to grasp that.

;-)

Meg McLynn said...

Oh, I LOVE this poem!! Of course, you commented on it before I read, so I was thinking, "where's the racy?" But I was just enjoying the flow, the imagery...
and then
his tongue against my teeth
and I felt a little bit of good & dirty.
Really beautiful, my friend.

martha corinna said...

I came back to say, I don't really like anyone's tongue on my teeth. I'm just not racy that way, or maybe I have a little too much mom in me.

Let's talk tom. around my morning, your night?

Unknown said...

I loved it!!!

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

You "Sweet, Sweet thing" Who used to be called that? I'll have to ask Sarah. Racy kissing huh? Can someone sign up for that? Do I want to?

martha corinna said...

Hey Nate, what is up with you? No posting?

King Family said...

nathan,
i know your blog is called nothing is lost forever and that it hasn't really been forever but i am feeling like i haven't seen a post from you in forever! love you though.
ang

alpineone said...

Don't be lost forever, Nate. We need your voice and your good soul.

Erin said...

Where are you, friend?

martha corinna said...

If you don't post soon, I may just not make it! Post!